Cool, crisp, iced summer drinks as a staple of long weekends, hot day and outdoor bbqs. Americans plan to celebrate the long Memorial Day weekend. The top celebration plans include grilling/barbecuing (59%) followed by attending or hosting a party (43%). it seems 46% plan to purchase and drink some alcohol, with beer by far being the top choice.
But what if you want to enjoy the weekend was something cool, refreshing and non alcoholic – but still give you a little something extra. We got you. Here are 4 recipes to make it a great weekend.
A piece of advice, drinks are similar to edibles, so don’t gulp and moderate the marijuana so you can enjoy more than one!
RELATED: People Who Use Weed Also Do More Of Another Fun Thing
It is important to understand not all cannabis is created equal. The strain of cannabis and the type of cannabis product you use will have a substantial impact on the final beverage. For example, if you’re looking to make a drink that will get you high, you’ll want to use a strain containing THC. If you’re looking for a therapeutic beverage to relax without the psychoactive effects, you’ll want to use a strain high in CBD, with little THC.
Cannabis Simple Syrup
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- 2 grams of dried cannabis flower
Combine all dry ingredients and place into 3 cups of boiling water for 20 minutes. Let it simmer for 5-6 minutes. Then, empty into a storage container and chill. This will make you the best cannabis simple syrup you ever tasted.
- 2 cups limeade
- 4 jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused olive oil, coconut oil, or butter
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine, shake and pour over ice.
Ice Tea with a Kick!
In order to brew this tea, start by preparing the infused honey
- Place half a cup of water and ½ – ⅓ cup of all-natural honey in a small saucepan and set to medium heat
- Add in the amount of tincture you’d like to infuse your honey with. Keep in mind, that the honey will be used for several teas or other recipes, so you want to add 3 or 4 doses (depending on how sweet you like your tea!)
- Once the mixture reaches 150℉, stir until all the honey is dissolved into the water
- Pour into a glass container and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours in order to solidify
When the infused honey is ready for use, simply brew up a batch of your favorite tea and use spoonfuls of honey to infuse and sweeten it. If you’re feeling adventurous you should try adding sliced fruit to your iced tea for extra flavor. Sliced strawberries, peaches, and lemons go great with cannabis-infused iced tea.
- 5-6 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (juice from approximately half of a medium/large lime)
- 2 tbsp cannabis-infused lemon simple syrup
- ½ cup ice
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling mineral water
Muddle 3 of the mint leaves and the lime juice in the bottom of your glass. Then add 2 tablespoons canna-infused lemon simple syrup, club soda or sparkling water, and the rest of the mint leaves. Stir to mix thoroughly. Add ice and enjoy
RELATED: 5 Things To Do When Cut Off From Netflix
This should make for a great weekend. Careful on having too many of this delicious treats so you don’t overdo.