Taco Tuesday is a huge trend, but hot sauce is good every day! Why not add some weed heat for Taco Tuesday with jalapeños? While they don’t bring as much heat as other peppers, they certainly add a rich flavor. They are a staple of the taco bar and pickled jalapeño’s show up in Bloody Mary’s, with eggs and so much more. So why not make a marijuana sauce to give an extra kick?
74% of people like to put hot sauce on their food, but not everyone is down with high or medium heat. Most salsas sold are either mild or medium. In their green form, jalapeño peppers have a fresh, bright, green bell pepper flavor with a gentle kick, almost a nudge. If you leave them to ripen longer, red jalapeño peppers carry a slightly sweeter flavor and increase in spice.
Taco Tuesday is an invention of the US, but is celebrated in a few other countries, such as in Canada, the UK and Australia. In Norway, the terms Fredagstaco and Tacofredag are used to refer to eating tacos on Friday night. In Sweden, serving tacos on Fridays is common for Fredagsmys.
Taco John’s started the “Taco Tuesday” trend in the 80s in Wyoming (which seems a bit strange).
RELATED: People Who Use Weed Also Do More Of Another Fun Thing
Jalapeno Hot Sauce
Jalapenos can have a milder heat but are rich in flavor.
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons cannabis-infused olive oil
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 cup tomatillos
- Place the sauce pan on the stove, using medium heat. Add the cannabis infused olive oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add in the onions, garlic, and tomatillos. Sauté them then allow it to steam by covering the sauce pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and add some salt, vinegar, and fish sauce. Simmer everything for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour everything into a blender. Add some regular olive oil and blend until homogenous.
- Add the lime juice; blend some more until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Allow the sauce to cool then transfer to your bottle.
May this put a kick in your Taco Tuesday!